About White Hat Gaming
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 450 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a strong understanding of Agile methodologies and able to promote them within the development teams by:
- Facilitating user story mapping sessions
- Writing clear and concise user stories with acceptance criteria - collaborating with Developers and QA ensuring acceptance criteria is understood
- Leading activity for scrum ceremonies - 3 Amigos, refinement & estimation
- Understanding story points and how they inform sprint velocity
- Strong knowledge of all backlog items that feed into sprint planning
- An advocate for collaborative continuous improvement within a team
- Reviewing new Backoffice requests and working closely with clients (licensees) to discuss their requirements regarding feasibility and priority - staying in regular contact with clients to react quickly to changes
- Understanding the importance of UX and being able to eloquently suggest improvements to stakeholders when required
- Ad Hoc testing alongside QA, raising bugs when applicable and prioritising
- Confident at communicating with senior business and tech leads - such as Head of IT, Head of Back Office, and Head of UX
- Facilitating remote requirements workshops with technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to create wireframes and process models (Miro)
- Working with Atlassian Agile Tools - Jira, Confluence
How we approach things:
- Medium sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- Inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A fully remote and flexible working schedule.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware allowance to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays in your respective country.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Want to join our Winning Team?
Apply with your CV: email@example.com