About White Hat Gaming
White Hat Gaming is a UK based gambling/gaming technology and services company.
What you already have:
- Lots of experience administering Linux servers including
- Experience configuring firewalls and other security tools
- Some experience with the basics of database administration (installation, monitoring, backups etc.)
- Some PHP coding experience. Some of our existing infrastructure is PHP scripts right now. You'll certainly be comfortable looking at code and perhaps finding and fixing the odd bug.
- Some other programming language experience.
- Experience using EC2 and other related AWS services
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What we'd like you to have in an ideal world:
- Familiarity with the basic workings of JVM-based applications, both servlet containers and newer standalone systems like Play! or Spray.
- Experience with distributed log collection such as ELK
- Familiarity with automated testing including provisioning on-demand servers
- Experience in administering PostgreSQL and/or MySQL databases
- Helping administer our existing small collection of Linux servers. Over time that will become a larger collection of EC2 instances.
- Helping look after our production Oracle + MySQL databases. In the future this will likely by PostgreSQL instead. We have a DBA but some cover is always useful.
- Working with our developers to improve and automate all our testing, deployment and monitoring processes
- Writing and maintaining a variety of scripts as required. Most existing scripts are in PHP.
- Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
- Providing 3rd line technical support for tickets raised by customers and clients
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
How we approach things:
- A small company, can-do ethos
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
- Working remotely but communicating regularly
- A flexible working schedule
- Training on the job